Set to take place on Sunday, September 2nd from 11h00 – 18h00, the festival has maintained it’s proud 20 year tradition of offering quality, free entertainment to Joburg residents and visitors.
The performance line up for Jazz on the Lake consists of veteran crooner Vusi Mahlasela, afro-diva Thandiswa Mazwai, the soulful Lira, and newcomers Maleh, Bokani Dyer and the Puisano Live.
The usual house-rules and logistics around the free show will be in effect this year – a strict cordon of road closures will be placed around the area, and a system of park and rides will be in place to ferry audiences to the venue.
The Park and Ride buses will be available from the following points:
1. Joburg Metro Building, Braamfontein
2. Alexandra Football Stadium – Alexandra
Members of the public can catch the Rea Vaya bus service to the Metro Building in Braamfontein, (Opposite Joburg Theatre) from where they can access the Park & Ride buses to Zoo Lake.
Without resident parking passes, members of the public will not be able to access the area by car. The road closures will be strictly enforced. Members of the public are encouraged to utilise the park and ride facilities in place.
As a family event, Jazz on the Lake enforces a strict no weapons, and no alcohol policy – there will be vendors and a beer garden on site where beverages will be on sale. Audiences are encouraged to come equipped with picnic baskets, camp-chairs and blankets for maximum comfort at the Zoo Lake lawns.
The road closures will be located at the following points on Sunday, September 2nd:
1. Jan Smuts And St. Andrews Offramp
2. Wabard And Gale
3. Harper And Loch
4. Rustenburg And Carlo
5. Greenway And Greenside
6. Glen Eagles And Geers
7. 5th Avenue And 1st Avenue West
8. 7th Avenue And 4th Avenue
9. 7th Avenue And 3rd Avenue
10. 7th Avenue And 2nd Avenue
11. 7th Avenue And 1st Ave East
12. Jan Smuts Avenue And Chester
13. Bolton And Newport (South Side)
14. Bolton And Sussex (South Side)
15. Bolton And Dudley (South Side)
16. Bolton And Blanford
17. Bolton And Bath
18. Bolton And Bath (South Side)
19. Bolton And Oxford
20. Oxford And 14the Avenue (East Side)
21. Oxford And 1st Ave (East Side)
22. Oxford And 8th Ave (East Side)
23. Oxford And North (East Side)
24. Riviera And Eastwold And Oxford
25. Anerley And Federation
26. Oxford Offramp From De Villiers Graaff
27. Jubilee And Oxford
@Arts_Alive Joburg Arts Alive International Festival Website: www.artsalive.co.za
For further information, please contact: Marang Setshwaelo
082 559 1802 / 011 447 5655
Or: Vincent Mhlanga
011 447 5655 / 074 342 2718
Floods of Fun at Arts Festival
Dancing through Arts Alive
Road to close for Jazz