|At City of Johannesburg, our success is dependent on our people and the community we serve. We can only succeed when the society we serve flourishes.|
That’s why we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce by creating a collaborative, equitable and inclusive organisation where everyone, regardless of colour, ethnic culture, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, political opinion, or social origin, what we look like, where we come from or who we love, has a voice.
We aim to be an employer of choice by attracting highly skilled and experienced people who will enjoy the challenge of making the City of Johannesburg great again!
We encourage all applicants to apply that match our minimum requirements of the specific vacancy circular.
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant and updated documents (Certified Qualification/s/Certificates, ID, and CV).
- Applicants should take note that they can be required to provide proof of original documents during the selection process.
- You will be requested to provide a brief description of your work experience relating to the vacancy.
- Applicants with membership to professional bodies need to provide a membership number and expiry date.
- If you are an internal applicant, your employee number will be required.
- The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per the National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful.
- By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
- However, registering your CV and/or receipt and acknowledgement of any kind shall not be an indication that your application will be successful and/or lead to employment.
- The City of Johannesburg shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from your use of the job opportunity section of this website.
- Only online applications via www.joburg.org.za will be considered and no late applications will be accepted.
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.